Our customer is a growing organisation which operates within South East Queensland providing a safe, stable and positive environment where children and young people have a sense of identity, belonging, positive environment and the right support to ensure their care needs are met whilst in residential care.
This organisation engages staff who are dedicated to professional practice and are committed to developing models of best practice within a therapeutic residential service.
On behalf of our customer we are currently seeking a Team Leader - Residential Services and Programs to join their team. Located on Brisbane’s south side, this is a permanent full time position.
This newly created position is an excellent opportunity for you to utilise your coordination skills, knowledge of the child protection system and legislation the care needs of young people living in out of home care. You will provide supportive and motivational leadership to a team of Care Facilitators to ensure a strong focus on the facilitation of therapeutic change consistent with the care management framework.
Working in conjunction with the Team Leader – Child and Family Services, we are seeking a dynamic and genuinely passionate person who is a natural leader with the knowledge and confidence to make evidence based decisions, who has the ability to walk alongside staff to model and implement best practice decisions and work closely with young people, Care Facilitators and associated stakeholders to ensure consistent work practices are upheld.
- Provide coordination, support and practice leadership to children and young people engaged in the program
- Provide leadership, advice and guidance across care management processes in areas including intake, assessment, care mapping and transitional services
- Ensure ethical alignment of all aspects of service delivery with licencing, quality and organisational policy
- Ensure consistency of effective case management practices including regular reporting and active participation at key stakeholder and staff team meetings
- Work collaboratively with the external consulting organisation to ensure consistent achievement of high performance outcomes across all KPI areas, participate in external supervision and student placement program
To Be Successful
- Tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or a related discipline
- Demonstrated skills and aptitude to confidently lead and support a team of staff by guiding them through best practice responses and regular review and implementation of care planning for young people living in out of home care
- Possess a demonstrated working knowledge of the Child Protection Act 1999; including Statement of Standards of Care and its implementation within an out of home care setting
- Demonstrated ability to work both autonomously and contribute to continuous quality improvement within the organisation
- Possession of a current C class driver’s licence
- Possession of a Working with Children’s Check or ability to obtain
- Availability and willingness to participate in an on-call roster
Salary and Benefits
Salary is paid at $56,959 - $59,533 plus super depending on experience. Salary package also includes a vehicle for home garaging and some personal use, mobile phone and lap top. Opportunity to work from home can be negotiated with the Manager Practice and Programs. Seeking an immediate start.